Our Penne Frittata was a huge hit. It is SO easy to make- and a great solution for leftover pasta. We opted for our fave ricotta - by the salvatore girls, it adds a creamy richness to this dish. bon appetite !
Penne Frittata with Basil and Ricotta Makes one 10-inch frittata; Serves 10 to 12
* 6 large eggs
* 1/2 c whole milk
* 1/2 c fresh ricotta cheese
* 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
* Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
* 3 cups cooked and drained penne rigate pasta (from 7 ounces dry)
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* Garnish: fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk together eggs, milk, ricotta, Parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in cooked pasta and chopped basil. 2. Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat bottom and sides of skillet. Pour in egg mixture, and cook until edges are just beginning to set, about 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake until eggs are completely set, 10 to 12 minutes. Invert onto a plate, and re-invert onto a serving dish. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Garnish with basil.